This sweet kitten I called Whisper scampered through my life for a short while this fall, on his way to his loving, forever home. Though he seemed unschooled, he was quite a sage—as this picture reveals.
Here are Whisper’s Top Ten Teachings:
- Speak softly; your whole being is already speaking for you.
- Learn how your claws work so you don’t hurt others. (Hint: most of the time you don’t need them.)
- Rest when you get a chance—taking it lying down can be perfect!
- Be here now—live in this moment. . . and this moment. . . and this moment.
- Focus—keep your eye on what’s important to you.
- Go deep. Don’t settle for surface appearances—the underbelly can be most beautiful.
- Watch out for what’s being reflected back at you, but don’t attack it. It’s YOU, silly!
- Let it go, let it go, let it go! Don’t worry about the crumpled past behind you or what’s around the next corner.
- Be truly fearless. Go beyond acceptance to loving what is.
- Life’s a gift—have a ball!
There’s one more. Those who show up in need come bearing gifts.
With Peace and Love,
Healing Loss: Choose Love Now by Miradrienne Carroll
outlines spiritual principles and practices
for anyone who wants to heal, at any time,
from the context of healing grief and loss.
Copyright © 2014 All rights reserved.